Sunday, October 21, 2012

THANK YOU KIND STRANGERS!!!

        $900.00 LATER!!!


YARD SALE WAS A SUCCESS!! 

I was hoping to make $500.00 from it and brought in over $900.00.  WOO-HOO!!! So happy about 


that. It was a fun day, wheeling and dealing with everyone.






Everyone loved the black massage chair


I thought I was going to have to put
 a "Not for Sale" sign on Sammy!

Costumes-costumes-costumes!!

This was the most popular item- Everyone loves a slot machine!!
We could have sold this one many times over. 
It was sold early and set with a "Sold" sign on it.


We got up at 5am, cooked breakfast, then started getting everything ready. 

Jim and Don 



 Our friend Jim came over so Don and Jim hung out drinking cold beer and shooting the breeze. (Is that what that was called they were doing) :)  We really didn't have a lot of stuff left, except for those Halloween costumes. I put a sign up for them. All costumes $5.00.  Couldn't believe how many I sold. In just costumes it was over $200.00.  Wow! Was that worth pulling them out of the top of the garage. I had over 450 costumes. So really glad I put them out. Wasn't sure what I was ever going to do with them. We have talked about giving them to goodwill, donating to someone, but they were in the attic in the garage so we just hung onto them.






Let me tell you how I encountered all these costumes.  I was working in St Petersburg, Florida at the Tyrone Square Mall photographing the children in the fairy and knight costumes. My daughter Laci was working with me and told me there was someone there to see me. I finished with the child I was working with, then went to see what they wanted. It was an older man and his wife. They told me they had been down the day before and had watched us work for awhile, then they came back to watch us again.  They said they had some costumes they wanted to give to me. I ask them what kind they were to see if I would be able to use them. They said they were all different things. I assumed they had 4 or 5 costumes and I thought it was sweet that they wanted me to have them.They asked if I could  come pick them up. I told them I could in a couple of days. I wanted to find someone to go with me because I didn't know these people and you just can't be to safe these days. 

When I got to their place, the man came out and showed me the "costumes". I couldn't believe it! Tub after tub after tub after tub. I had to ask why he wanted "me" to have all these costumes. He said they had made their money off of them. They owned a Halloween store and were retiring. They just wanted to give them to someone they felt was deserving. He said we worked so well with the children, they were hoping maybe there would be some costumes I would be able to use and maybe sell the others. Wow! I must have done something right that day!! We loaded the costumes up and I have been hauling them around for 4 years. I have given many of them away. I pulled the ones out I could use and still have tons of them!!  Thank you kind stranger and wife!!

Everyone checked out costumes!





We had a great turn-out.  I took advantage of having to be home all day. I smoked barbecue ribs. I did a review on them. If you love ribs, be sure and check it out. 


Lenetta



No comments: