Thursday, October 18, 2012

PORK CHOP REVIEW UP!!!






             DOUBLE CRUNCH HONEY GARLIC PORk CHOPS



*****This one gets 5 stars. These are so delicious. Don said it was the best pork chop he has ever eaten. I made 5 instead of 6. I made 4 of them a little different than the recipe calls for because I was reading the comments and several people said there breading didn't stay on. So on the second dip, (see recipe) ,  I used Panko bread crumbs. I did however make 1 of them the way the recipe calls for to see what the different would be. Don and I both agreed on the outcome. 




They pretty much tasted the same, but the Panko one had a more crunchy taste. (IT'S THE ONE ON THE TOP)  It seemed to be a bit sweeter than the other one. I guess maybe the  bread crumbs absorbed the honey more than the flour mixture. I also think the Panko has a much better look once cooked than the flour based one. All in all, both are very good so take your choice. These were great!





Ingredients 



 Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides








Dip the chops in the flour and spice mixture


Then dip the chops in the egg



Then dip the chops in either the flour mixture again or this is where I used Panko

You can tell the one that's different. It's the bottom left.


 Heat canola oil in skillets just below medium.


Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side. , (I cooked mine a little longer)


Mince up 3 or 4 garlic cloves

I used 4 large ones. Can never have to much garlic


 
 This is one of my most used kitchen gadgets. Love, love, love this thing


 I cut them once, then again to make them smaller. So much faster then mincing with a knife

Put olive oil in pan

Mix the garlic in the olive oil

 Add the honey

Add the soy sauce and pepper

Simmer for 5-10 minutes and let cool for a few minutes

Watch carefully. This can foam up over the pan very quickly

Carefully put chop in to coat,  (I used tongs)

Coat other side and they are ready to serve

ENJOY!!!

HERE'S THE RECIPE:




DOUBLE CRUNCH HONEY GARLIC PORK CHOPS

6 Center cut pork chops   ( I used 5)

Mix together 1 cup flour
2 teaspoon salt
2 tsp black pepper      (I used 1 teaspoon)
1 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger 
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon sage
1 tablespoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper      (I used 1/4 teaspoon)

Whisk together 2 eggs with 
4 tablespoons water

Season the pork chops with salt and pepper

Dip chops in the flour and spice mixture
then 
Dip the chops in the egg wash
then 
Dip the chops back in the flour mixture   (This is where I used the Panko)

Heat a skillet on stove with about a half inch of Canola oil covering the bottom. 
Watch your temperature here, as you don't want to cook these to fast. Just below medium heat works best. 
Fry them for 4 or 5 minutes until golden brown          (I cooked mine a little longer)
Let drain on a wire rack for a couple minutes before dipping in Honey Garlic Sauce. 

To make Honey Garlic Sauce

In a medium saucepan- Add 
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3-4 garlic minced garlic cloves     (I used 4 large ones)
Cook over medium heat to soften the garlic but do not let it brown. 
Add:
1 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp ground black pepper       

Simmer together for 5-10 minutes, remove from heat, and allow to cool for a few minutes.
*Watch carefully-this can foam up over the pan very quickly.

Carefully dip chops in honey on both sides.     (I use tongs)

Serve and enjoy!!!

Lenetta





























No comments: