Sunday, October 14, 2012

BLAST FROM THE PAST!!!



For the past 27 years, I have had a small business taking children's portraits. The name of the company is Suzy-Q's Photos.  I photograph children in day cares, child care center, churches, schools, and malls.

  
















The very first photos I took, many years ago, were Pony Pictures.


The name of the business was "Pony Portraits".  I took my pony to Krogers, HEB's, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Murphy-Marts, and many other stores and malls. They would not let your doggy in, but everyday, I would walk right in that




 store with my pony following.






















I can honestly say that I believe I had some of the prettiest ponies in the country, and they were very well trained to do different tricks for the kids. I was there trainer.  Working and training with animals was one of my favorite things to do.  Still is.

All the ponies had there own name at home, but at work they were all called "Tonto".

Over the years, I have put together the Old Time set, a Fairy and Knights set, the Pirates and Mermaids , the 50's, a Winter Wonderland set, an Easter set, and numerous others.

 While I so much loved putting these sets together, nothing was more rewarding than watching the children light up when I would photograph them.

 Over the years, this business has had me on a lot of different adventures, and I have loved every one of them. With the support of my family and friends throughout the years, I am so blessed to say that my business has been very successful.

But now, many years later, I feel it is time to hang my camera up and look for  a different kind of adventure.

I am still working in the child care centers at this time, but my traveling all over the country has came to a halt.

  Somedays, I still think I would love to get back into the pony picture business, but really, I just don't see that happening.

 Not really sure what route to choose right now, but have some different ideas. Right now, I am looking into maybe trying my hand at flipping houses.

 If anyone has done this, or knows anything about it, I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Well, I just wanted to give you an idea of the kind of work that I have done. I also owned a children's petting zoo. I will tell you about that adventure in an upcoming blog.

Thanks for stopping  by. Have a great day.

Lenetta

No comments: