Friday, May 17, 2013

Cauliflower Overnight Salad Review!


Cauliflower Overnight Salad
This is one of my favorite salad but I couldn't find my recipe, so I went and found this one. I went ahead and made this like it says, which is exactly the ingredients in my recipe, except


I didn't remember using this much mayonaise. I did think, while it tasted great, it didn't need that much mayo. I would cut the mayo down to maybe a cup instead of 2. This is always a favorite and never lasts long, just cut that 
mayo down. 


My cauliflower is ready


Beautiful


I love that I grew this-time for some 
cauliflower recipes





Ingredients:


Fry bacon until crispy


Tear lettuce in small pieces in bowl

Next layer cauliflower


Then onion


Break bacon and top the onion


Add mayonaise


Sugar


Parmesan cheese


Then, cover and refrigerate overnight

Mix well, serve, and 

Enjoy!


Recipe:

 1 head lettuce broken in bite size
1 head cauliflower sliced or diced
1 med sweet onion dried fine
1 lb bacon fried crisp and crumbled
2 c mayonnaise or salad dressing
¼ c sugar
1/3 c grated Parmesan Cheese

Layer lettuce, cauliflower, onion, peas, and bacon into a large container that can be sealed tight. Do not mix. Add salad dressing, sugar, and cheese in layer on top. Do not mix. Seal containers tight and refrigerate overnight. Mixture must stand overnight for seasoning to blend. Toss before using.


I served the Cauliflower Overnight Salad with
Brisket, green onions from my garden, and 
Enjoy!

Lenetta




No comments: