Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Another day at the WildLife Center and SPCA!

After coffee, I decided to take off and go do some volunteer work at
Started out feeding baby birds

Then,

 I cleaned out 34 possum cages by first
removing the little hissing creatures. That was
fun. I was hoping not to be bitten by them, and 
I wasn't but not fun to work with. lol


Then went back and fed
 and watered them all.

Then back to feeding
 little birds again


Washed a bunch of animal dishes

Worked on newspaper opening them 
so they would be ready for the cages. 

Then I was ready to go. I stayed 3 hours. 

Then I wanted to stop by the 




I checked out the little dogs first, 
and this one was so cute, and was so 
scared,and shaking I had to get 
him out and hold him for a 
few minutes.  I checked his papers 
and he had only been in there for a 
few days and just didn't know 
what to expect. Poor baby. 


This one was just so friendly. He 
reminded my of my Sammy Boy. 


But the reason I stopped there 
was to see Katie. 
I found her there last Friday and 
she was so so sad, Don and 
I got her out and played with her 
and took her outside for awhile.
She is 8 years old and her family 
moved and "surrendered" her to 
SPCA. Poor girl. She just misses her
 family. I really like her. We are 
going to try and foster her for a few
 days to see how she gets along with
 Sammy. We may have a new baby girl.  

I also wanted to check out the horses. Wish I had a place for them. I would certainly adopt them. Beautiful babies with their mama. So sweet. 

It was a great day. 

Lenetta

No comments: