Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Southern Fried Cabbage Review!


Southern Fried Cabbage
I had cabbage in my garden I wanted to use,
so I found this recipe. A great way to use cabbage. Very delicious. Simple to make and 
has great flavor. But you can't go wrong with 


anything with bacon in it. Right?!

Ingredients:

Shred cabbage



I cut my bacon up to fry





Add cabbage, onion and sugar


Cook for about 5 minutes or until tender


Add salt and pepper and serve

Serve
Enjoy!


Recipe:

  recipe makes 6 servings
      3 slices bacon, cut into thirds
      1/3 cup vegetable oil
      1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
      1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
      1 head cabbage, cored and sliced
      1 white onion, chopped
      1 pinch white sugar


Directions

  1. Place the bacon and vegetable oil into a large pot over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until bacon is crisp. Add cabbage, onion, and sugar to the pot; cook and stir continuously for 5 minutes, until tender.




I served this with 
along with fresh veggies from my garden

Enjoy!

Lenetta






No comments: