Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pan-Fried Asparagus Review!


Pan-Fried Asparagus

I loved this. I didn't think I was going to like it as much as I did because the garlic got very brown and well cooked by the time it was finished. But, 


wow, was this delicious. I could have ate the whole pan. I will definitely be making this again soon. I was concerned that the asparagus was going to be to crispy and not cooked enough but it was perfect. If you like asparagus, this is worth trying. Yum!

Ingredients:


Break off bottoms

Mince garlic

Mix olive oil, salt and pepper

Melt butter

Add olive oil mixture

Add garlic-cook for a minute- do not brown
(This looks like a lot of oil and butter but most of it is still in the pan when you remove the asparagus)

Add asparagus-cook for 10 minutes turning every couple minutes


Serve

Enjoy!


Recipe:
 recipe makes 4 servings

         1/4 cup butter
         2 tablespoons olive oil
         1 teaspoon coarse salt
         1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
         3 cloves garlic, minced
         1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed


Directions
Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cook garlic in butter for a minute, but do not brown. Add asparagus, and cook for 10 minutes, turning asparagus to ensure even cooking.




I served this with left over chicken and
Strawberry Avocado Salad.
(This is one of my favorite salads)

Enjoy!

Lenetta

No comments: