Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Baked Whole Cauliflower Review!!!!



Baked Whole Cauliflower
I was really surprised that this was as good as it was. I am not a huge fan of cooked cauliflower, but I loved this. It was the best cauliflower I have ever had. I will definitely make this again and again. It's an easy dish to make and looks nice. It spoons out so easy. Don loved it also. The bread crumbs are delicious. I used two 

kinds and mixed them. I also brushed the cauliflower with a little olive oil before I tried to put thebread crumbs on it. Otherwise, I don't think they would have stayed on. What fell down in the bowl was so good to just eat. Delicious!

Ingredients:


  1. Trim bottom of cauliflower
    (This is from my garden)

    Put cauliflower in pan

    Add chicken broth

    Steam cauliflower for 20 minutes

    In bowl put bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and melted butter

    When cooked, put califlower in baking dish

    I brushed olive oil over top to make bread crumbs to stick

    Use spoon to put bread crumb mixture on top
    Bake, remove
    (I sprinkled some Romano cheese over the top during the last 5-10 minutes)

    Serve and

    Enjoy! 

    Recipe: Recipe makes 6 servings

    




Ingredients:






    1 large head cauliflower




    1/2 cup seasoned bread crumb
     2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup margarine, melted
    1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
             1/8 teaspoon salt
             1 pinch red pepper flakes
    1 pinch dried oregano
     

    Clean cauliflower, and trim off leaves and any brown spots. Place the whole head of cauliflower into a steamer basket, place the basket in a large pot, and add one inch of water. Cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for about 20 minutes or until tender.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, melted margarine. Season with garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, and oregano, and mix well. Place the head of cauliflower into a baking dish, and coat with the breadcrumb mixture.Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.






    I served this cauliflower with 

    Enjoy!

    Lenetta



4 comments:

the creation of beauty is art. said...

I've never been one for cauliflower, but this actually looks really good!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Life according to Lenetta said...

Hi Shannon, I am not a big fan of it either, but loved this. Let me know if you try it. I plan on making it again very soon. Have a super evening! :)

ana@carpe_diem said...

Hi Lenetta!
I love cauliflower, expecially when we grow it in our garden, because I know then that is 100% organic. I cook it very similar to you, I don't use any chicken broth at all, only salted water. I make my own bread crumbs, put them in a pan on olive oil, fry them a little (just to turn golden) and spread all over cauliflower. that's all :)
I will try to add some cheese, too, next time!
many greetings from Croatia :)

Life according to Lenetta said...

Hi Ana, Try the califlower with the chicken broth. It gives it so much more flavor. Let me know if you like it. I really believe you will. Have a great day. :)