Monday, October 22, 2012

$360.00 RICHER!!


I woke up this morning, got coffee, two aspirin, and my mouse.

And a lightbulb went off~~~

I told Don, "We should load those costumes up and take them up Highway 6 and see if we can sell a few of them."  I had no ideas whether anyone would stop or not. 

So we loaded the van, and headed out. I made a sign to hang on the side of the van.  We found a place beside the road right in front of Kroger and Kohl"s.  

We got the costumes out and I lined them up and propped costumes up in front of the tubs. 

Almost immediately we had our first customers. 2 guys and a girl. The girl was driving and stayed in the van. The guys got out and looked for about a minute before they had one costume. They handed Don a $20.00 bill. Don said, "Hold on a sec, I'll get your change. The guy said, "No, man, it's ok!" Don must have really looked cute in his ball cap. :) Who gives a $15.00 tip! 

  $15.00 TIP WITH OUR FIRST CUSTOMER!!! WHAT!! WOW!!

After that more and more people stopped. When it finally slowed down, I decided to take the sign off


 and hold it closer to the road.  More customers!  Wow!! This works!!  So,

3 HOURS LATER WE LEFT WITH

 $360.00 

It was so hot out there today, but it was worth it.

May have to do this next Saturday for a couple of hours. 
Great Christmas money!!

THANK YOU AGAIN KIND STRANGERS!!

xoxo
Lenetta

No comments: