Monday, October 15, 2012

FAMILY AND FRIENDS





Hi everyone! I thought I would tell you a little about me and my family.

About 31/2 years ago, I was living in Spring Hill, Florida.  I decided to go visit my daughter, Kisha, in Coshoton, Ohio.  I went to work there in the malls with the Fairy and Knight set so I could extend my visit with her and Scott .

 While working one day,  I saw this man hovering around my set.  He finally strolled over, and asked me a question that he though was a first.  Ha ha!  He says to me, "Got any wings to fit me" Now that's original! lol  We got to talking and the next thing I knew, he asked me out.   We went out a week later and have been together pretty much ever since.  I told my daughter he was the male version of me. We just clicked.   We go together like peanut butter and jelly, very different but bringing out the best in each other. I am really at ease knowing he has my back all the time. We push and inspire each other and always come up with some great ideas between us. We were both away from our home states and met in a small town in Ohio. God does work in mysterious ways. He lined everything up just right for both of us to meet. Don  was getting his brakes taken care of and decided to walk over to the mall where I was at. He had never been there before. I wasn't sure I was going to ever meet anyone again, so to meet this wonderful and amazing man in the middle of nowhere was just super awesome.  I love you, Don.

 Come to find out, he was just in Ohio for a short time working on the pipeline project. He lived in Houston, Texas. So he went back to Texas and I went back to Florida.  We talked a lot, he came to Florida to visit, and I went to Texas to visit. Then, I ended up moving to Texas with him.

 It was not an easy decision, because my youngest daughter, Laci was living in Florida. It was very hard to leave her. But she gave me her blessing and away I went. I still hope to move back to Florida eventually. Don can't really do that at this time, because of his job. He works in the oil business and there's no work in Florida for that.  But still hopeful that someday, things will work out so we can go back. I really miss Florida, but I really really miss Laci. 

Between Don and I we have 4 beautiful girls.  He has two, Jacey and Meagan. I have two, Laci and Kisha. His two girls live here in Houston. My oldest daugter, Kisha now lives in North Carolina. My youngest daugter, Laci, is in college in Orlando, Florida. (From left to right. Kisha, Meagan, Jacey, and Laci)

I also have a very handsome grandson, Jackson. He is a very smart young man, with a great sense of humor. He likes to play pranks on people, especially his sister, and I love helping him figure out what to do. He is quite the little character. He is an awesome speller!  When he came for the summer last year, he was my coffee buddy. I miss his laughter. He does that a lot. :)

I have a very spoiled rotten, beautiful granddaughter, Brittany. I call her my sidekick. She's as brave as they come, and super smart. She has my gypsy blood and loves to travel. She is a lot of fun to hang out with. She also is quite the little prankster. We had a pretty good time pranking her brother not long ago. :)  I miss her little giggle when she's not around.  I will see you on Oct 31st to go trick or treating with you, then to the Justin Bieber concert on Nov 2nd. Your birthday. Can't wait!!

I have a Son-in-Law that I love like my son. He is super handsome and I don't think he can ever take a bad picture.  I can honestly say, he is one of the best things that has ever happened to my daughter. They are so much in love. He takes great care of her and the kids. Thank you Scott for being such a wonderful husband, father and friend. We love you.

I have another grandson, Zane,  that I don't know very well but I hope to get to know better. I hung out with him a little this summer and he's about as sweet as they come. He's a lot of fun to be around and he looks, walks, and talks just like his dad, Scott.


My mother is living in Indiana, and with her health not being so great, I really wish she would let me move her to Texas. But Indiana has always been home to her, and while I do worry about her, my oldest brother, Rick watches out for her. He makes sure she has what she needs and sees that she gets to the doctor when she needs to go. Thank goodness for older brothers. Thank you Rick for taking such good care of mom. (That' my brother Johnny on the left and my brother, Ervin on the right.)

I have 4 brothers, Rick, Ervin, Johnny and Buddy. I have one sister, Donnetta.

My father

My father passed away several years back. That's Kisha and Laci with him.

I have a sister, Maria who I love dearly. She lives in Florida. She is not only beautiful on the outside, but also on the inside. She is an amazing singer. She sings like a bird. I love listening to her.  I miss you so much, Maria.  Love you sis!

I also have three kids in Florida that may as well be mine. There's Dillon. Talk about a sweetheart. He's so polite and a true gentleman. Maria, you did an amazing job raising this one. Wow! Great job. The lady that ends up with him, is going to be one lucky lady. Then there's Jordie. She's the red head in the middle. What a little princess, that has a heart of gold. Such a little sweetheart. She loves watching movies and eating ice cream. Then there's Willow. She just came along and stole my heart. She is super smart, talks like a little adult, and is super sweet. All three of them are just so so lovable. I love you all. Miss you bunches.







My grandmother, who I always called, "My special lady" passed away in 1976 and I still miss her like it was yesterday. I still dream about her. I don't think I could ever love anyone as   much as I loved this lady.  And she loved me back just as much. The kids use to tell me I was "her pet". Guess what guys!! I was!!! =) She meant the world to me. I love you grandma. Miss you everyday!! (That's me in her arms.)

I also have a cousin that we lost a few years back, Bobby. He was such an awesome guy. I smoked my first "Marvel" cigarette with him behind the barn, in the pig pen on Aunt Faye's farm when I was pretty young. lol  I love you Bobby.  Miss you!!

Pammy

Then in August, this year, we lost another very special lady, Pammy. She was not only my cousin, but she also was my friend whom I love so much. If  Pammy was in a room, you would know it. She had an infectious laugh. She was always happy and bouncing around.  She had battled cancer and won. She was a fighter, a real trooper. She left us way to young, as did her brother, Bobby. She is loved and missed by so many.  I think about her all the time. I love you Pammy. Miss you so much.

I have a very large family and can't put everyone on here, but my family is very important to me and I love you all.

Some other important and loved people in my life have been:

Miss Hendricks, my 5th grade teacher whom I adored.  She took me under her wing and I would stay after school with her. She would sit with me for the longest time and she taught me to knit. She was one special lady. Wish there were more teachers like her.

Mr Raye, my 6th grade teacher and also principal, who was always so kind to me.


Marsha Reese, who was such a great friend and she adored my daughter, Kisha. That's Kisha with her. She lives in Kentucky.


  Tammy Mauro-The other hardest working woman I have ever met. I don't know what I would have ever done without your friendship all these years. I love you so much. Thank you for always being there when I need you. Thank you for taking such awesome care of "Noah". You are so dear to my heart.  Tammy lives in Forida.


Irene Bowersox, who was a wonderful friend to me in Junior High School. She helped me make sense of the world, when at the time, made no sense. Thank you, my dear friend. She lives in Kansas.

Sandy Cormier, a super lady who was a wonderful friend. My daughter, Laci adored her. She called her NaNa. We loved her and her kids like they were our own. She was one of my "partners in crime."
She helped me rescue a poor little lamb, from a pack of wild dogs one day. When we finally were able to get to the lamb,  I told her to give me her shirt, to wrap around the lamb, who was a bloody mess. She didn't hesitate. Off with the blouse. Thinking back now, I wonder if she ever wondered why I didnt take mine off and use it.  lol  I love you lady.  Still miss you Sandy. Hope to see you again soon.
(That is her beautiful daughter, Tonya with her.)  Sandy lives in Vermont.

MeeMaw Sue, the most amazing woman I think I have ever met. Also, one of the hardest working women I have ever met. She taught me so many different things. Laci adored her and still does. She lives in North Carolina. Love you MeeMaw

Donna King and her mother and father. They have no idea what they meant to me when I was around 12 years old. I looked them up several years back to let them know how much they meant to me. After that for several years, every Thanksgiving I would sent them a basket of fruit and flowers. I wanted them to know that I was thinking of them and was thankful for their love. I am so glad I did. Donna has died of cancer, and her mother and father are now gone also. Rest in Peace sweet family. I will never forget your love.



Jordan, a very very special young man. Him and I have always had such a special bond. He was always so much fun to be around. He has the most beautiful blue eyes. Miss you buddy. You are so loved by so many.

Kessley Carnes, while he is my ex-husband, he has always been and will always be one of my best friends. He believed in me when no one else did. He helped me work through so many things in my life. He was and is always there for me if I need his friendship. Thank you Kess for making me believe I was worthy. I will always be grateful for you being in my life.

And while there are so many more people in my life that have made my life better for them being in it, these are the key people that played important parts to bring me to be the person I am today.  


I thank each and every one of you. I love you all. You will always have a special place in my heart.


xoxo
Lenetta

No comments: