Friday, November 23, 2012

GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE REVIEW!!

GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
 I am only giving this 3 stars. I just thought it could have been much better. It may have been my 


fault, as I did prepare this the night before and added the fried onions right before I baked it. I also added the cheese into the mix. I will try this again, and do it exactly as the recipe calls for. Then if I think it is better, I will review it over and change the rating. 

INGREDIENTS


Melt butter in large skillet



Add mushrooms

Add onions

Saute till onions translucent

Put chicken broth in pan

 Put beans in broth

Boil beans for 10 minutes

While beans are cooking mix soup


garlic salt

salt and pepper together. Stir in the onion rings

Drain beans

Add beans to onion mixture

Add soup mixture mix well

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
Then top with cheddar and bake for 10 minutes longer
(I just mixed the cheese into the mix)

Enjoy!!

Recipe:

1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
2 cups sliced fresh green beans

(I used canned)
3 cups chicken broth
1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French fried onion rings
1 pinch salt, black pepper, and garlic powder
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions:

1
Preheat oven to 350º.
2
Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan.
3
Boil the green beans in the broth for 10 minutes.
4
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter and saute the onions and mushrooms.
5
Drain the green beans and add to the mushroom and onions mixture.
6
Add the mushroom soup, onion rings, and seasonings to this mixture as well.
7
Stir until well combined and pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
8
Bake for 20 minutes, then top the casserole with the Cheddar and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the casserole is hot and cheese is melted.
ENJOY!!


Lenetta

 

No comments: