Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gourmet sweet potato classic review!!


GOURMET SWEET POTATO CLASSIC

 I am giving this 4 stars instead of 3 because everyone really really liked these. I personally thought the taste lacked

something. Not sure what, but I always make a sweet potato dish that is delicious. I think I will make mine and try adding the pecan topping from this to that. If I do, I will do a review on it. 

Ingredients


Preheat oven to 350 degrees


Bake the potatoes until soft
(I baked mine for 50 minutes on 350 degrees)
Let cool slightly, peel and mash

Melt butter

In a large bowl add salt

butter


Eggs


vanilla extract

cinnamon


sugar


Heavy cream


and Sweet potatoes

Mix all together

Transfer to baking dish



In a medium bowl, add melted butter

flour

brown sugar

add chopped pecans

Mix with pastry blender or your fingers

Pour over top of sweet potatoes
(I tripled the topping)

Bake for 30 minutes or so at 350 degrees


ENJOY!!

Recipe:

Ingredients  




Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. Bake sweet potatoes 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until they begin to soften. Cool slightly, peel, and mash.
  3. In a large bowl, mix the mashed sweet potatoes, salt, 1/4 cup butter, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sugar, and heavy cream. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
  4. In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup butter, flour, brown sugar, and chopped pecans. Mix with a pastry blender or your fingers to the consistency of course meal. Sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture.
  5. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until topping is crisp and lightly browned.


Lenetta

No comments: