Monday, June 2, 2014

Great Weekend! Blue Bamboo, Umbrella, Pina Coladas and Friends!

We had a great weekend!!!

Don was home friday so we went to Sams Club and got this beautiful umbrella for the pool area.



We wanted something that would 


shade baby Jaxson



 from the sun, when he was in the pool. I loved it but I didn't love that it couldn't be moved.


So Don built me a stand on wheels.Thank you baby!!




I painted it and now we can move it all around. :)

I got up Saturday morning and went to see the bamboo lady.  I got this to put with Noah's bamboo. I thought it was perfect. It says, Love Grows Here. Noah is buried under it and the blue bamboo. Loved the little birdhouse on it also. Perfect!


I am hanging it on the fence until the bamboo fills out.Then I will put it  on a shepherds hook and put it in front of the bamboo. 

I also got this one.

I love "The Rainbow Bridge" story. I am going to hang it outside also.

I also came back with the blue bamboo that I wanted. The name of it is, BAMBUSA CHUNGII 'BARBELATTA'   So happy it will grow in this area. It will not grow in North Houston so we just made it. Yea! I put it in the middle of all of my other bamboo in memory of Noah. I thought this rare blue bamboo was perfect,



since Noah had baby blue all around his eyes. I miss you sweet Noah!

We ended up cutting it in two pieces



so I could put one in the middle of the bamboo 

and the other one in a large pot.


I now have two black bamboo in the center, graceful bamboo on the right side and blue bamboo on the left side. I love it. 

Meagan, Zac and baby Jaxson came over to swim so we also cooked out. A great day for that. 
Sammy also went swimming.

Later my friend, Anita came over and we shared a couple pitchers of Pina Coladas. Yum!

Then her and I played bean bag toss against Don in the gallery. 


It was fun and of course us girls won. You better get practicing Don. lol


Then Sunday Don and I hung out in the pool most of the day with Sammy. 


I pulled out the Parrot Bay and made a pitcher of Pina Coladas.

 I love these on a hot day.

Took a nap outside in the beautiful weather

Then at 7:00 I watched two hours of

                         The Bachelorette


Andi is so adorable. I love this show.

Could not have had a nicer weekend!!

Looking forward to all my summer weekends. We have a small paradise in the back of our house so plan on spending a lot of our summer right here at home. 

Awww! Life is good!

xoxo
Lenetta

No comments: