Saturday, June 7, 2014

Crock Pot- Pork, Potato and Corn Dinner!


Pork Chops, Potato, and Corn On Cob Meal


I had heard about putting your entire meal in a crock pot and cooking it all at the same time. But I read you cover and wrap everything with Reynolds Wrap or aluminum foil. I do not like

 foil touching my food so I decided to try this with parchment paper. I was very happy with the results, except I did think the pork chops, while being very tender, were dry. The corn and the potatoes were perfect. The potato was as fluffy as if you had baked it. The sweet potato was also fluffy and cooked through.  I will do this again, but I will add a can of soup over the chops to keep them moist. I am also going to try this with chicken and steak. I gave this 31/2 stars because I did think this is so simple, and works very well. For someone on the go, this is a great way to go. You can use meat right out of the freezer if you choose to. The corn is frozen. It takes less than 10 minutes to throw it all together and be out the door. Love this idea. Cant wait to try this again. 

Ingredients:
***I used regular potatoes and a sweet potato for Don. I only 
used 3 chops but you can use more if you like


I started by spraying the crockpot with olive oil

Put the meat in

Put about 3 tablespoon of barbecue sauce on top

Covered meat with parchment paper


rubbed potatoes with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt


Wrapped and added potatoes to crock pot


Put pat of butter on each side of corn after salt and
 peppering it, then wrapped it in parchment paper


Put corn in crock pot on top of potatoes

Cook on High for 6 to 8 hours or until potatoes are cooked 

Enjoy!


Recipe:
2-6 pork chops
Barbecue sauce
1-4 potatoes
1-4 corn on cob

Directions:
Follow pictures. So easy


Enjoy!

xoxo
Lenetta


No comments: