Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pina Colada Monkey Bread Review!

Pina Colada Monkey Bread

Hands down! This is the best monkey bread I have ever had. This truly is "Heaven on a  Plate"

 This was smelling so good in the oven, when it came out, we couldn't let it set for 15 minutes to cool. Because of that, it didn't 

come out of the pan as well as I would have wanted it too, but who cares. This was a huge hit with the kids, Don and myself.

 It just falls apart, piece by piece and that pineapple between the layers. Delicious. 

I wanted so much to give this 5 stars but felt the recipe was off on the sugar. It calls for white sugar, and I used brown sugar instead. Sorry, but if it has pineapple in it and it calls for sugar, I am going with the brown. i did run out of brown sugar, and had to use white sugar on the last few pieces and it was fine. I also think the recipe is way off on the amount of sugar. I had to use more than it called for to get all the biscuit dipped. I also made half of the coconut and butter again. I didn't have enough. Maybe I soaked the biscuits longer than I should have, but if I did, I would do it again. 

Will I make this again. You bet! Am going to try not to make this every week because I don't need those calories but you can bet I will be making this often.  

**Also, I think some chopped walnuts mixed in with the pineapple, would just take this over the top. I will be adding some next time and will put what I think about it in this blog, so check back later. 

Ingredients:



Spray pan with pam
**(I use olive oil)

Melt butter and coconut milk

until smooth. 
**Don't overcook. 


Cut biscuits into 4ths.  ** I use a pizza wheel but a knife works just as well

Dip your biscuits in butter mixture, then sugar
(I used brown sugar), Put in pan. Put about 20 pieces 
in then, 

drain pineapple really well,
**(I squeezed mine)

Put half of pineapple over biscuits , and make 
another layer of biscuits and rest of pineapple.

Put rest of biscuit on top of pineapple

Bake until brown and toothpick in center comes out clean.
It took mine 35 minutes to bake

**Let It Sit for 15 minutes. 
When you turn it upside down on a plate, 
you get all that gooey brown sugar. So good!

Mix the powdered sugar with the coconut milk 
and drizzle over the top, if you haven't eaten it yet. 

Put dried pineapple on top
(I really don't think you need this,unless you just want to for looks)

Enjoy!
(If you can't eat it all, call me :))

Pina Colada Monkey Bread

INGREDIENTS

    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
    1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons coconut milk, divided
    2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury Grands! refrigerated biscuits
    1 1/4 cups granulated sugar   **(I used brown sugar)
    1 can (20 oz) canned crushed pineapple, well drained
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1/4 cup chopped dried pineapple


DIRECTIONS

  • Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray.  ***(If you don't have a bundt pan, I would just use an ovenproof bowl or pan and I think it would come out just fine.)
  • In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and 1/4 cup coconut milk until smooth. Remove from heat.
  • Separate both cans of dough into biscuits. Cut each biscuit into fourths.
  • Carefully dip each biscuit piece into butter mixture, then roll in sugar and place in prepared bundt pan. Cover entire bottom of pan with a layer of about 20 biscuit pieces, then sprinkle half of the crushed pineapple over the top. Top pineapple with another layer of dipped and rolled biscuits, then sprinkle the rest of the pineapple on top. Top pineapple with remaining dipped and rolled biscuits.
  • Bake until deep golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack; cool 10 minutes in pan. Carefully invert monkey bread onto a plate.
  • In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and remaining 3 tablespoons coconut milk until smooth, like a glaze.
  • Drizzle glaze over warm monkey bread. Top with chopped dried pineapple; serve warm.
Served this with cold milk. It would be great with coffee also. Hey, this would be good with nothing or anything. It's that good.  

Enjoy!

xoxo
Lenetta

No comments: