Sunday, January 6, 2013

Healthy Egg McMuffins Review!!

Healthy Egg McMuffins 

These are getting 5 stars. They are super easy, super tasty, and easy to change ingredients to make them taste different. Don loved these and ask for me to make lots of them to have on hand. He likes a quick breakfast on the go. He said this is exactly what he has been looking for. I will try these with turkey sausage, also 

regular Jimmy Dean sausage once in a while. I will also mix eggs with onion, and mushroom , then pour that into the pan. Yum!! These will stay in my freezer for a quick go to breakfast. 


Ingredients:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees


Spray pan with cooking oil

Put eggs in 


I popped the yellow and spread it around


Cook for 25-30 minutes depending on type of dish or pan you use
Mine took 18 minutes


Split muffins


I toasted mine


Put cheese on muffin

Put bacon on

Add egg


Microwave until cheese melts

Yum!

You can use muffin tins or custard cups. 
Whatever you like. I like the whoopie pan.
The eggs come out the same size as the muffins.



**Next time I will fold the corners of the cheese
in like the recipe says to do. I just forgot.**

Make extras and wrap in wax paper to quickly warm up next few days. 

Or once wrapped in wax paper, put in freezer bag. Freeze! Take one out and microwave 1-1/2 minutes on each side.  30 to 40 seconds if not frozen. Quick healthy and quick breakfast on the go.


 RECIPE

100% whole wheat English muffins
 whole eggs -- you can use Egg Beaters or all egg whites, if you prefer
sliced cheese -- I used regular cheddar cheese that comes in ultra-thin slices, only 45 calories per slice; you can also use reduced-fat cheese, but it doesn't melt as well. McDonalds uses American cheese, if you're looking for a more authentic taste.
        Canadian bacon slices
  Spray the ramekins or jumbo muffin tins with cooking spray and add an egg to each one. (Or, add the equivalent amount of Egg Beaters or egg whites.) If using ramekins, put them on a baking sheet to make it easier to get them in and out of the oven.
  Add freshly ground black pepper to your liking    I don't think additional salt is necessary, since the cheese and meats are already salted. This helps lower the sodium amount in these healthier McMuffins.
  Bake eggs at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until set. Although I normally like my egg yolks a little runny, I cooked these completely since I'd be freezing them. That's the way McDonald's makes them, too.
The baked eggs are easy to lift out with a small spatula. If they're stuck around the edges, loosen them gently with a thin knife.

ENJOY!!

                   ♥    




No comments: