Thursday, April 18, 2013

Almond Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin


Almond Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin
(from nlrockrecipes.com)
Hands Down, the best Pork Tenderloin Ever. I could eat this everyday. It's so delicious. The mixture of the nuts and the fresh herbs makes this one really stand out. It cooks so fast, that I did

use the meat thermometer and got it to 155. It was perfect. I will make this again and again and again. This mixture would also be great on porkchops. Will be doing that also. The recipe calls for thyme plus your choice of rosemary, chives or oregano. I had all of them in my garden so used a mixture of all. Yum! I wish I had doubled the recipe. I will from now on, every time I make this. If you like nuts and pork, this is a must try.


Roasted pork tenderloin is is an excellent choice for a quick cooked dinner. I have several recipes that I use to open roast tender, juicy pork tenderloin in about 30 minutes, depending on the size of the tenderloin used. As always I rely on my meat thermometer to know when the meat is fully cooked. Anything above 145 degrees F as an internal cooked temperature is considered safe although I prefer it a little more well done and take it to 155 or so. The most important thing is to let the meat rest for about 5 minutes before cutting. The meat continues to cook after coming out of the oven and this resting time allows the natural juices to redistribute throughout the meat making it more moist. Cutting any roasted meat too quickly can result in a dry finished product; never cut meat straight out of the oven.

Roasting pork tenderloin can also be done at quite a high temperature which along with its small size allows it to cook so quickly. This time we tried it with an almond crust herb crust and it was delicious. With an amazing easy meal like this which takes so little time, maybe you should invite someone over for dinner in the middle of the week.

Ingredients:

Salt and pepper 

Coat with dijon mustard

Get both sides

Chop almonds

Chop fresh herbs

Put almonds, herbs, nutmeg, thyme and flour in bowl

Mix well

Roll tenderloin in almond mixture

Put in dish

Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes

Remove and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing

Enjoy!



Recipe:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
  • 1 1/2 to 2 pound pork tenderloin
Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper then brush the entire outside of the meat with
  • Dijon mustard
Mix together:
  • 1 cup chopped almonds
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 3 tbsp fresh chopped herbs of your choice (rosemary, chives, or oregano work well)
  • 2 tbsp flour
Roll the meat in the almond mixture and roast uncovered on a wire rack for about 30 minutes or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F or greater. Let the 
meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.


I served this with green beans and 
warm lettuce Salad with olive oil and garlic. 

Enjoy!

Lenetta



No comments: