Friday, February 1, 2013

Smoked Summer Vegetables Review!

Smoked Summer Vegetables


OMG! These are awesome. The flavor is wonderful. This is definitely the way to make vegetables. I will be smoking 

vegetables, all kinds, a lot more often. The only thing I would do differently is I would smoke them about 2 and a half or 3 hours instead of 4.  


Preheat smoker to 225 with water and wood chips
I used mesquite and cherry wood
(you can use hickory or apple also.)


Ingredients:


Slice veggies
I only used half of this. I put the rest in fridge to use later


Put in bowl for smoker
     
In another bowl combine Balsamic vinegar


Olive oil
(I used olive oil with garlic in it)


Add dijon mustard


Add salt


Add pepper

Mix well
(Try not to eat all of this before you pour it on the vegetables. It is so good)


Pour over vegetables


Mix well to coat all veggies

Put in preheated smoker and cook for 4 hours on 225
Can't wait!  

I stirred these after about an hour and a half
Smells so good

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Zucchini
Summer Squash
Onion
Mushrooms
French Cut Green Beans
Small small potatoes or cut into small pieces
Any veggies you like really

   1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Directions:


Vinaigrette: In a bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and whisk until all is well blended.

Vegetables: Place all the vegetables in a 8-by-12-inch casserole dish.

Pour the balsamic vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss, making sure the vegetables are well coated.

Put the dish of vegetables in a 225°F smoker for about 4 hours.

These can also be baked in a 350°F preheated oven for about 45 minutes.


I put these with Smoked Salmon.


Enjoy!



1 comment:

la petite lulu said...

Yumm! This sounds delicious, my husband was just talking about getting a smoker -maybe now I'm convinced! Thanks for stopping by my blog, have a lovely day :)