Wednesday, February 20, 2013

It's Garden Time!!

It's Garden time!
I have decided to put a garden out this year so it's time to get everything ready. 






Getting the raised bed ready. 


I am going to do some container gardening also this year and see how that goes. 


I planted cherry tomatoes, white and red radishes, 
peas, (which may or may not make it. I read that peas 
don't do well when transplanted. Will seed some also.),
and husky tomatoes. Will keep you posted on how these do.

In the three small baskets, I have three different kinds 
of strawberries. In the bottom, I have 5 spices I use often. 
Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, Parsley and Thyme.




Here I have a roll of spinach, 2 rolls of Cauliflower,
2 rolls of carrots, and in the top a roll of white radishes. 


Here I have 2 rolls of red radishes, and 3 rolls of Okra.


 I planted two rolls of head lettuce, and 
2 plants of romaine. Still have half of 
this to plant. Also, still have the other 
end to plant also. 

Need to plant here also. 

Really happy I got all the dirt in the raised beds ready and 
some planting finished. I still have a lot to do but it is 
supposed to rain for the next three days, so probably 
won't get much done anytime soon. 

Will let you know how this all goes. I love food fresh out of the 
garden. Come on tomatoes. Yum!

Happy Gardening!



No comments: