Monday, February 11, 2013

Mackinac Island Trip Postponed!!!


My amazing trip I had planned to go to The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island has been postponed. 

As I was planning what to do while there, I came across information about their 

SOMEWHERE IN TIME WEEKEND!!!!

WHAT!!! AMAZING!!

SOOOOO

I asked Don what it would cost to change our plane tickets. And he did~~~~

 Thank you, thank you, thank you, Don!!!
  
WOO-HOO!!!


I can't believe I am going there during that weekend. It's Oct 4-5-6, and we are adding an extra day on both ends for an amazing 5 day stay.  I can't wait!!  This is my favorite movie of all time. I have seen this movie so, so, so many times.  If you have never seen it, here is the movie.




The best part of this trip is during this weekend, you dress in costumes the whole weekend. Awesome!! 

I have already contacted my seamstress in Florida. She is going to make me a couple of dresses while I am in Florida in March. So excited. I also have Don's clothes already picked out. She is going to make his outdated brown suit that Christopher wears in the movie. That will be his 2nd night outfit.. This will be so much fun. 

These are a couple of dresses I am looking at having made. 
Haven't decided totally yet, on which ones. 
That's Don's brown suit, in the first photo.
 I am having made for him. 
I love these dresses. The picture with the orange in it is a cape
type coat to wear out in the cool weather. I am not sure what color 
I want it in but I have to have one. The only way around is horse 
and buggy,

 and to go to town, it will be cool in October.  

As time goes on, I will keep you informed of what we are doing to 
prepare for this awesome trip.

I have wanted to go here for years. This is the year!!!! 

Come on October!!!!



2 comments:

Trendy Tips Trendy Girls said...

Traveling is always nice! ^_^ kiss kiss http://trendytips-trendygirls.blogspot.com

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Wow! That's really cool and different.