Thursday, May 22, 2014

Sammy Changing To Healthier Doggie Snacks!

Sammy absolutely loves his treats. Don't even try to go to bed without him getting them.  He just won't have that at all. 

His first real treats were Beggin Strips and he 


just loves these. He would do anything for them. 



 One day I decided to see exactly what was in these that made him so crazy for them.
I decided there was a lot of stuff in this that wasn't good for him 

so 

I decided to start baking him bacon and keeping it in the refrigerator so it was always on hand and ready at snack time



I did this for awhile, and then decided that bacon itself, was not really a good treat to give him

so

 I decided to try him on turkey bacon. He was just fine with this also

but I ran into a lady with two little dogs. We got to talking and somehow ended up talking about their treats. She said her dogs were on these Salmon treats she got at Whole Foods. 

I honestly did not think Sammy would ever eat these salmon treats. 

Wow! Was I wrong!

He loves, loves, loves these. I also love that they are completely organic and a healthy snack for him.

I will say the bacon smells a lot better than these but he is (no pun intended) wild about these. 

I also like the jerky and the bites better than the sticks, only because I give him small bites, and not the whole stick. Therefore, I have to tear it up into smaller pieces. 

What does your dog eat for treats?  Have you tried the salmon? If so, what are your thoughts on it.

xoxo
Lenetta

No comments: