Tuesday, September 24, 2013

DC Final Day,shootings, Holocaust, Good-Byes!



Monday Sept 16th, I woke up early but wanted to let her sleep. I got dressed and went downstairs and had breakfast. While there I saw the news where some nut was on the



Navy Base shooting people. They shut the planes at the airport down, so we were concerned about Laci’s flight. They were shut down for 2 hours but both our flights were running on schedule. I went back up to the room, jumped on 

Laci, tickling her and got her up. Then we had to get her bags packed . I was shocked at how heavy her bags were she was carrying on the plane. Wow! So much weight. After we got checked out, we had the bags held at the hotel and we headed to the



Holicoust Museum. That is one sad sad place.



I was so glad I had tissues with me.




 What could make a man hate so much.  The horrors those poor people went through, and saw.




 The museum is really set up well. It is 4 floors and they start you out on the 4th floor and you work your way down. Great way to do it. If you ever get a chance to go there, do so .  We, as a nation, never want to forget this happened. Don't forget 



your tissues.
By the time we got out of there, we took a cab back to the hotel to grab our bags then to the airport to check in. We got  there and all went smooth getting our bags checked. We were standing in security line and Laci said,  “Where’s my



 passport? Did she give it back? I told her to leave everything with me and hurry back and check. The sweet lady was on her way to find Laci to give it to her. Thank goodness she got that !!! We definitely have



guardian angels watching over us. After we got through security we got some



 lunch then went to find our gates. I was so happy that my gate was 11 and hers was 12. I stayed with her until she left.


It was bittersweet!  Being mom I worry but I am so proud of her and so happy her dreams are coming to pass.




I watched her plane take off then I caught my plane to Houston.


I love you Laci Renee!  I am so proud of you!!!




Can't wait to see you in Florida at Christmas and bring in the  New Year with you!!!!
xoxo
Lenetta

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you too, Mom :)