Friday, September 20, 2013

DC, 1st Day, IJM, Birthday, Chocolate!



Our first day in Washington, DC.  I flew in and took a taxi straight to IJM headquarters.



 Laci said they told her if I wanted to come to  their last get together, I was welcome. I was so thankful I was able to get off the plane and get to her in time. 





 I learned IJM puts God first in everything. I love that. I loved that they brought all the interns up and they each had a special someone to pray for them. 

It was so beautiful.


 Afterwards, Laci and I went downstairs to a little mall and found gifts

for Carrie and Kelsee. We found a  fanchise store of the chocolate factory Laci works in in Florida. We found a thank you gift in there for Carrie. Hard to believe this store was in the bottom of the building Laci was working in all week. 

 We left there, went back upstairs to meet back up with Carrie, from IJM. She took us to her house where Laci had been staying all week. She is an amazing woman.  So kind, so generous, and a very gracious host. We had a wonderful time spending the evening with


 Carrie, and KelseeKelsee was Laci’s roommate also. It was also her birthday.


 Carrie and I walked down and got her a birthday cake. We had a great time singing Happy Birthday and just enjoying the great company. 


We sat and talked for a long time, then Carrie drove Laci and I,  to our hotel. We 


said goodbye to Carrie. 

Once Laci and I got in and settled, we got ready for bed and just sat and talked for a long time. 

It was so nice to be with her.

A wonderful day in Washington DC

xoxo
Lenetta

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw love it! Great job! I'm going to miss them. Oh, keep Kelsee in your prayers. The home she had set up didn't work out and now she's looking for a new place to stay.

Life according to Lenetta said...

Oh no, I will pray for her but I am sure she will find a place. I hope really soon. Is she in a hotel or where is she? Is she safe?