Sunday, September 22, 2013

DC Day 3, Mall, President's, Lost, Found, Cabs & Ducks!



Sunday, Sept 15th. We got up and got ready. We headed to the Metro



to go to the mall. We were going to just run in and grab a couple things and back out. But when we got there, it was a 4 story mall.


It would have just been wrong not to check it out. We went



through the entire mall and left after 4 pm. Laci found a




wallet she loved, some gloves, and I got a pair of moccisins because I needed something else on my aching feet. I thought they felt so good.

I didn’t realize they were really houseslippers and Laci didn’t tell me because I told her they felt so good, she wanted me to get them.. So thanks to Laci, I ran around all evening in house slppersHahaha.  We decided to go to the Licoln Memorial Center.



We walked back to the Metro, and asked how to get to the Licoln Center. He told us how to get there which required a lot of walking after we got off the metro. It was 1.8 miles so off we went. We had walked a long ways when Laci checked her GPS and it showed we were going the wrong way. It now showed the Licoln Center was 2.3 miles away. WHAT!!! OK lets go. Well we finally get to where the center was, and it wasn’t the Licnoln Center,



 it was the Thomas Jefferson Memorial. So Laci put it on her Gps and we had another 1  plus miles to go. OK, So we are walking along this road next to the water and Laci spotted these huge Weeping Willow trees 



which I love. So we stopped for some pictures. Then on to the Lincoln Center. We FINALLY got there, climbed the many many (98 stairs) stairs up and took some pictures, paid our respects to




Lincoln  and off we went. We headed down to see the





 Vietnam War Wall. We got  some photos and  headed off to find the metro as it was now dark and time to get out of there. We had walked for  a little while and Laci says to me, “Mom, Where’s the bags from the mall?”



I immediately went into panic mode.  We tried to figure out where I had them last. I told her I didn’t think I had them at the Lincoln Center but I was sure I had it at the trees where we took photos. I really thougth I had laid my sunglasses, and phone on it while taking photos.  I think Laci really thought I left it on the metro.  We decided to backtrack, and see if the



 luck of the Irish was with us. We walked all the way back to the Lincoln Center , back up all those steps and found one of the guards. They checked and nothing. No one had turned it in. We then walked all the way back to the area of the trees. I told Laci , one thing in our favor, if I did leave it at the trees, it was getting dark when we were there so maybe no one would see it. Believe it or not, as we were walking up to toward the trees,



Laci spotted the bag. It was lying not where I thought I would have left it, but up closer to the sidewalk with the streetlight shining right on it. And it was still there. It was there for probably between and hour an a half and two hours. And it was just lying there.



Wow! Amazing.  I was thrilled.  I figured we would be going back to the mall so I could get her another wallet. She just really loved it. Then we walked back to the Lincoln Center because it was dark and didn’t feel like it was the safest place to be. I wanted to get back to where there was people around.  When we got there I asked the officer where to catch the metro or a cab, preferably a cab. He said to go to the end of the street , The street we were just on,




and flag a cab. We took off walking again. We got there and it took 7 minutes to get a cab. But we got one. We went to the hotel then found out where to go to get some food. They got us a cab and we dropped us in the wrong area. So we took off walking again and found the restaurant. We had a nice dinner then walked back to the hotel. Now it was time to do laundry so we walked all over the hotel, to put laundry in washer, then back to put it in dryer, then back to get it. We were so tired and so punchy by then, we were being so silly in the hallways. Laci was pushing me into cold steel, and walls because I was already freezing. For some reason she just thought that was hilarious. Lol  We finally got in bed, and guess what we watched.



Duck Dynasty and a Tattoo show. We talked, laughed and finally fell asleep.


Another wonderful day with Laci with a lot of exercise from walking. 

xoxo
Lenetta

No comments: