Thursday, February 19, 2015

Under 400 Calories-Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet!



Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet

This is a very simple and fulfilling dinner that uses items I typically have right in my own cupboard. So easy to prepare and cooking all in one skillet makes it a snap for 


clean up. I am not big on pasta meals and I really liked this one. I will make this one again.

"Simple, family friendly dinner!"


Ingredients:


Cook beef


Add macaroni


Add Broth

Add Milk

 
Add ketchup, mustard, steak seasoning, and 
onion powder

Simmer until macaroni is done


Add cheese until melted


Add chives and serve

Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet Recipe:

Start to Finish-30 minutes
6 servings (1 cup each)

1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
8 ounces uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
***(I used regular macaroni instead of whole wheat)
3 cups reduced sodium beef broth
3/4 cup fat free milk
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning 
***(I used steak seasoning I had on hand)

1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
Minced chives

In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until it is no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles: drain

Stir in the macaroni, broth, milk, ketchup, steak seasoning, mustard and onion powder, bring to a boil. reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in cheese until melted. Sprinkle with chives.

Per Serving:

338 calories
11 grams of fat (5 grams sat fat)
64 mg chol
611 mg sodium
32 grams carb
4 grams fiber
27 grams protein

I served this with oven baked sweet potatoes


Enjoy!

xoxo
Lenetta


No comments: