Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Mounds Cake!!!



Mounds Cake


***Not Diet**** Chocoholics BEWARE!!!! Highly addictive! 

Sometimes you feel like a nut! Sometimes you don't!!!

OMG!!! If you love chocolate and coconut, you MUST try
 this cake. 


This is hands down one of the best cakes I have ever had. Very easy to make. Everyone that has tasted this cake has



raved about it. It is so rich that it does require a large glass of cold milk to help wash it down. I won't make this often, but when I need a dessert to wow them, this will be it. Next time I am going to make them into muffins. Delicious!!!!! Delicious!! Delicious!!!


Ingredients:


Bake the devil's food cake 
according to directions on box


Cook sugar, marshmallows and 
milk until smooth stirring 
constantly over low heat


Add coconut


Stir in coconut


Pour over warm cake
**Next time I do this I will give this
 coconut time to set up a little
 before I pour the chocolate over it

Cook sugar, butter, and milk over low
 heat until smooth


Add chocolate chips. Bring to a
boil stirring constantly until smooth

Pour over cake. 
**Again, I would let the coconut cool and set up
before pouring the chocolate over it. I think
 it would look better. Doesn't change the taste 
either way.

 Let it set up a little while and serve. 

This cake is delicious cold also, 
but I love it warmed up.

Mounds Cake Recipe 


1 Devil's Food Cake Mix

2 cups sugar (divided)

24 large marshmallows **(I used a 10 0z bag)
1 1/2 cups milk (divided)
14 oz pkg. coconut
1 stick of butter
1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips  **(I Used a 11.5 oz bag)

Mix and bake cake according to package directions.

 Combine 1 cup of sugar, marshmallows and 1 cup of milk in a med. saucepan...cook over low heat until marshmallows are melted..... Stir in coconut and spread on top of warm cake

Mix butter 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup milk in a small saucepan.. bring to a boil...stir in chocolate chips and spread over coconut mixture.

Also DELICIOUS refrigerated!


Served with a large cold glass of milk

Enjoy!

xoxo
Lenetta

No comments: