Thursday, February 19, 2015

Under 100 calories-Rosemary Roasted Carrots!


Rosemary Roasted Carrots


This is such a delicious way to cook carrots! 
I love carrots and rosemary, so it was not hard to please me with this dish. And it's so 


easy to prepare. I just put everything in a bow, tossed it so carrots were well coated, and put it in the oven for 30 minutes. We had them tonight with steak, but would go well with any  main entree. The flavor was amazing! Ready to make these again.


Ingredients:


I cut my carrots into smaller pieces 

Mix everything except green onions in a bowl

Bake until tender 25-30 minutes
Remove from oven and serve

Rosemary Roasted Baby Carrots Recipe:

Prep-10 minutes
Bake 25-30 minutes
Makes 8 servings-3/4 cup each

2 lbs baby carrots
**(I used whole carrots, cut up)
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 tsp sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp minced fresh rosemary or 
1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp pepper
2 green onions, thinly sliced

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a small bowl mix oil, brown sugar, **(I used dark brown sugar),
garlic and seasonings. Add to carrots and toss.

Transfer to baking pans coated with cooking spray. Roast 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with green onions.

Per serving:

82 calories
4 grams fat (trace sat fat)
0 chol
238 mg sodium
12 grams carbs
2 grams fiber
1 gram protein

Diabetic Exchange: 
2 vegetable, 1/2 fat

I served these with grilled T-Bone steak
and a light Ceasar Salad

Enjoy!

xoxo
Lenetta

No comments: