Sunday, October 5, 2014

Alice In Wonderland Birthday Party!

This is really late but just haven't had time to get it posted.  I have had several people ask me when the party is and what is going on it. So here is it:

This is a post about an Alice In Wonderland Birthday Party. 




A friend of mine is having an Alice in Wonderland birthday party for herself this year. She was trying to figure out where to have

 it so I suggested she have it at our house. Anyone that knows me, knows I LOVE a themed party.

We are in the planning stages as it is in September. Not very far away.

Since she doesn't live real close, we decided she would do what she could from her house, finding things we need, figure decorations, food, invitations, etc and I would be more than happy to help wherever I can.

I started with making a giant hookah smoking caterpillar. I formed him out of chicken wire,


then taped him up, then paper mâché him. 


Then came the painting. I decided caterpillars are soft and fuzzy soI decided to try and make him soft and fuzzy. He came out ok. He was a ton of work!!!


 He will sit on my giant Mushroom, 


and will be smoking a hookah pipe.

Shelly also purchased plywood and brought it over. I have been cutting out things we need and tackled drawing and painting them. I really enjoy a challenge and trust me when I say painting these are a real challenge. I can't draw stick people and have been quite surprised at how well these are coming out. At least I am happy with them and so is the birthday girl. That's really all that matters.

I started with these sign cutouts. They came out pretty nice.

Next was the Cheshire Cat. Happy with him.


Alice followed him. Not thrilled about her face but she will do.


Then came the rabbit. He was a real challenge. A lot of detail to him but very happy with how he looks.


Now for that queen of hearts. I think she is going to be a big challenge also
 She actually was pretty easy 

Then finally the mad hatter. My favorite!
He was by far the hardest to do but also my favorite out of them all, 

I was looking so forward to having this party for Shelly, but an emergency came up the weekend of the party. She ended up having it somewhere else as I was out of state.

I don't think she used most of it as I don't think she had the room but it was still a lot of fun to do. 

So  sad to say, I missed the party but happy it all worked out for her. 

Now I may have to have an Alice Party. That would be fun!! Not sure, but am planning on having a Halloween Party next year. May have to have a theme. :)

xoxo
Lenetta



No comments: