Friday, December 13, 2013

Finally!! I Did It!!

Two days ago, after immediately cutting into the main water line on the first hole I dug, I stopped. 
(I couldn't believe how high that water shot up.) 

Decided I wasn't going to plant the bamboo. Someone else could do it. 

We called all the utility people, 

  They all came and put their little orange and yellow flags and orange lines all over this area. Looked a little intimidating. 






I woke up at 6:30 am yesterday, 

AND

I  decided to give it another try. 

I started digging holes for the bamboo, and I ran into 2 tree stumps, 3 different cables, several white pipes going back and forth, not to mention the sprinklers. I guess thats why they call it a utility easement. 

I dug very very carefully and to my knowledge, didn't hurt anything else. lol

I worked on this from 6:30 am until after 4 pm.

My whole body aches,

 but I am proud to say they are in the ground and looking good. 

All I have to do now is get them mulched
 really well and they are good to go. 


Here was my little partner in crime. See his little muddy footprints. 



So happy this is in the ground





This morning I went out and mulched it all.


Thank goodness for this trusty little gorilla wagon Don got me. I haul everything in it, mix dirt in it, put mulch in it. So easy to move around. Thank you Don!!

Sammy decided to watch me on the back of the sofa today. 

By this time next year you won't even know those houses are behind us.

Before

After

 That will make me very happy. 

I am putting in 3 skyrockets in the middle space. Don't think I can get those for a couple months yet. Not sure how well I will love these with the bamboo but going to give it a try. Can always put bamboo in later if I don't like them. 


We thought they would look pretty to decorate at Christmas and you can see them from the road. 


xoxo
Lenetta

2 comments:

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Wow, didn't realize it had been so long since I checked in! Congrats, Lenetta, on selling the old house and purchasing the new. It looks beautiful! But the biggest congrats go for the new grandson -- life just doesn't get any better than grandchildren! Good luck with all that is going on with the new house, and I look forward to seeing all the progress.

Life according to Lenetta said...

Hi Carol. Thank you. I haven't been on here much lately either. Just a lot going on. I will hopefully get back in the swing of the blog very soon. Have a beautiful day. :)