Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Sad Day!! You are missed and loved!

It's a sad day to have to say,

Goodbye, my dear little friend,

Pixie

Pixie, I remember the day I found you. Laci always told me she wanted a "puppy that didn't grow up". That set me in search of you. You were to be her biggest 18th birthday surprise.  I drove many many miles, all over the

state of Florida to find just the right puppy. I knew I would know you when I saw you. My travels finally took me to a little town outside of Jacksonville to look at little yorkies. 
None of them really jumped out at me, that it was the one for Laci. As I stood up, I saw you. You were in the next room. I asked about you, she went and got you and said they had decided they were keeping you because you were going to remain very small, and they were going to breed you.

I knew then, you had to come with me. I asked them what it would take to get you. Of course, you became a lot more expensive than the other ones, but I happily paid the price and off we went. You slept on my shoulder most of the way back. And your tiny kisses were so sweet. I loved your little puppy breath.  Now, I had to hide you for a few days until Laci's 18th birthday party. Brian, 
her then boyfriend, her now best friend, kept you in hiding. I went and found the large teacup and saucer for you to be in, to make your grand appearance. I also went and purchased a beautiful ruby bracelet for Laci and you wore it as your collar. Needless to say, you were a huge hit. She instantly fell head over heels in love with you. She got you everything a puppy would own, including 

the cutest puppy clothes on the planet, and your very own stroller. You, Pixie, were so loved then and that never changed. Like your mama, Laci, everyone that ever met you, fell in love with you. You were the happiest little puppy ever, and as fierce as they come with the little tiny bark of yours. And you didn't disappoint, You never did "grow up", remaining forever under 3 pounds. What a cutie. So small, so tiny.  You were a great little traveler 
and went everywhere with Laci and or me.  You would jump right in her purse and stay there, waiting to go bye-bye. You always played well with other dogs. Sammy and you were good friends, although, 

I do think Sammy was jealous of you sometimes. But we always loved you visiting us. You are without question, the toughest dog, large or small, that I have ever come across. I don't think I have ever met a dog that liked eating more than you. You loved food, all food. And the best little beggar ever. So very precious.   I can't imagine how you could have been loved anymore than you were and are. It seems like you have been a part of our family forever, but it's only been 8 short years.
 But you will be a part of our family forever and ever. We love you, our precious little Pixie. 
While my heart is very heavy and sad today, I can't imagine what your mama, Laci is feeling and going through. 
 You and her were so so very close. My heart is breaking for her loss today, but I know you are running and playing in the sunlight, on this side of the Rainbow Bridge.
 And someday, you will look up, and there she'll be. Then you will never, ever be parted from her again and you two will cross that Rainbow Bridge into Heaven together. And Sammy Boy and I will be waiting there for both of you with open arms. I love you always, Itsy Bitsy Pixie Sue!!!!

                                             
 The little puppy that never grew up!

-----------------
The day they laid you down to sleep
I prayed to the Lord; your soul he'll keep
Until the appointed day and time
when together we'll meet; and all will be fine

With all God's; creatures great and small
go run and play now, have a ball
No more aches; and no more pain
just bright sunshine; no more rain

Rest in peace; for now best friend
cradled in God's arms; to the end
Dream of that special; day and time
when we'll meet at the Bridge; one last time

Although we'll be separated; for a long time
we'll be together then; and all will be fine
We'll cross Rainbow Bridge; side by side
with a soft warm feeling; deep down inside

Once again then; all will be fine
we're together forever; till the end of time

John Quealy




Brian made you this stone today to put over the spot you were buried in. We will plant some beautiful flowers all around this area to always remind us of the beauty and happiness you bought  us all. 


R.I.P. sweet Pixie

Until we meet again, we love you Pixie Sue.


xoxo 
Mama Netta



No comments: