Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Huge DIY Project Finished! Part 1-Results Below!

Here is all the painting I did-
Ceiling, crown molding, baseboards, walls, doggie door, window sills, and clock.

I am getting ready to start on my kitchen cabinets. They are going to be the same color as the ceiling and crown molding. I will put the results of them in Part 2


First thing I did was tape off for the ceiling to be painted. Don removed all 


the stuff in the ceiling for me. We covered the furniture with plastic. Now it was ready to paint.


I left areas that needed some caulking done and Don
 went around and caulked those areas for me. 


I decided to start at the top and work my way down.
 So first up was that yellow ceiling. I gave it two coats of paint.



Then it was time for the crown molding. After painting part of it, I decided the bottom board should also be painted. I am really happy with the outcome of it. So glad I went back
and painted it.


Next was the accent wall. 
I had trouble trying to figure out the best way to remove these stickers. I finally went to a blow dryer and it worked. I wasn't sure if painting over the white that was left would show through. It didn't. Can't tell where it was at. 


Now for the other walls. Loving the color. 


I also painted the boys doggie door. It was a dark brown. 
                                    


Don removed this ugly radio/intercom system and is building
me a little shelf in there. Happy to have that out of the wall.
                   

I also repainted my chalkboard. I painted the outside the same 
color as the accent wall and the inside with fresh black 
chalkboard paint. I love it!


I then decided to paint my large gold and brown clock. I love how it came out. I covered the face with press n seal and took a putty knife and pushed it under. Made it so much easier to paint.


Here are the Before and Afters:







It looks like the island has been painted the wall color. Its just the way the light is hitting it. Trying to decide if I want to paint it the same color as the accent wall. Can't decide. Any suggestions are welcome.



We are very happy with the outcome of all of this. It was a lot of work but well worth it. We love it!!!

Click here to view room!

Now for those cabinets!
  
xoxo
Lenetta

No comments: