Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Paleo Greek Lamb Burgers!








Paleo Greek Lamb Burgers



I was looking for a good burger recipe and found this one. 

These are really good to just make and cook but I put the extra ones in the refrigerator with all the spices mixed in for a couple days and when I took them out to cook, 

wow, they smelled awesome. 

Don loved these and I did too but I felt they could have had a little more flavor in them. Not sure what I will add next time, to try and give them more flavor, but yes, there will be a next time. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. 

The Tzatiki cucumber sauce was very good, and it makes plenty. I used the sweet hawaiian rolls with these burgers.

 I was going to half this recipe but decided to go ahead and make them all. I thought I would freeze the extra ones. Well, that didn't happen. Don loved these and wanted them again. We invited the kids over and they loved them. So, I can't tell you how well they freeze. Maybe next time. 


INGREDIENTS:





Mix meat, rosemary, oregano, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 
5 tablespoons of minced garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. 


Mix well, I always use a glove to mix. 


Make 8 burgers


 I was going to freeze 6 off them but we ended up 
eating them a couple days later.


Mix yogurt, cucumber, olive oil lemon juice, garlic,
red wine vinegar, dill, salt, and pepper together to 
make the tzatziki sauce.


I used hawaiian sweet rolls, romaine lettuce, 
tomatoes, white and red onion to dress these
burgers

I decided not to grill these. I cooked them for about 3 1/2
minutes on each side or until internal temperature reached 160 F.
in my cast iron skillet

Put on bun



an dress to your liking.


RECIPE:


  • 3 lbs ground lamb
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (for burger) + 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice for tzatziki)
  • 5 cloves garlic, minced (for burger) + 2 cloves garlic , minced (for tzatziki)
  • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups dairy free plain yogurt 3/4 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
  • to taste salt and pepper
  
In a large bowl, mix the meat with rosemary, oregano, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 5 tablespoons minced garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Cover and let sit at room temperature while grill heats to medium heat.

Meanwhile mix yogurt, cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic red wine vinegar, dill and salt and pepper together to make tzatziki.

Form the ground lamb mixture into 8, 3/4 inch thick patties.

Grill for 4 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 160 F.

Assemble burgers with paleo buns, ( lettuce, tomato, onion and tzatziki.





Delicious!! I served these with homemade steak fries and a large cold glass of milk. Yum!!!

Enjoy!!

xoxo
Lenetta










No comments: