Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Harvest Salad!

Harvest Salad


This salad is one of the best salads I have had in a long time. I did use pine nuts instead of walnuts but either would be great. I am not a 

fan of blue cheese but put it in anyway. I was really surprised that I didn't taste it. Not sure it is really needed. I may leave it out next time. I loved the sweetness of this dressing. It was just enough.  It was the perfect mix for this salad. I will be making this time and time again. 

Ingredients:


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Put walnuts on tray. 
Bake for approx 5 minutes or until they start to turn brown.
**(I use pine nuts)


**(I use spinach and kale mixed)


Put spinach and kale in bowl



Add cranberries


Add crumbled blue cheese


Add chopped tomatoes


Add chopped avocado

Add pine nuts or walnuts


Add chopped red onions


Add jam, vinegar, walnut oil, salt and pepper. 
Whisk well


I put mine in refrigerator for awhile before I pour oil 
over spinach mixture. It sets up and is thicker


When ready to serve pour oil over spinach.
Mix well

Enjoy!


Harvest Salad Recipe:

1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
**(I used pine nuts)

1 bunch spinach, rinsed and torn into bite size pieces
**(I use baby spinach and baby kale so I don't tear it up)

1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
1/2 red onion chopped
2 tablespoons red raspberry jam with seeds
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/3 cup walnut oil
salt and pepper to taste

 Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. (190 degrees C.)
Arrange walnuts in single layer on baking sheet. Toast in oven for 5 minutes 
or until nuts begin to brown.

In large bowl, toss together spinach, walnuts, cranberries, blue cheese, tomatoes, 
avocado and red onions.
**(I used pine nuts)

In a small bowl, whisk together jam, vinegar, walnut oil, pepper and salt. Pour
over salad just before serving and toss to coat. 

I served this with grilled marinated salmon. 
Delicious! 

Enjoy!

xoxo
Lenetta






No comments: